Hello, I'm Kevin Petit
- Age 31
- Address Mortsel, Antwerp (Belgium)
- E-mail email@example.com
- Cellphone Available on request
- Place and year of birth Aalst (Belgium), 1991
- Nationality Belgian
- Driving license Yes, no own car
- Current job
Full Operations Engineer (Lin/Win)
Nucleus NV (Antwerp, Belgium)
Hello, I'm Kevin Petit and I'm a Flemish man in my early-thirties with a passion for everything related to IT.
I was born with a USB-cable as the umbilical cord and I started reading in HTML/CSS before I could even speak a word of English.
Amongst the things I enjoy are programming (mainly in PHP, C# and lately Golang), designing website (like this very site), managing servers (including the one you're surfing on right now) and so much more - I try to keep busy!
Training - System Administrator
Thomas More GeelOrganized by Thomas More, VDAB and Cevora
Specialization year: Office Administration and Data Management
VTI Sint-Lutgardis, Aalst
Office (BSO) - 2nd and 3rd grade
VTI Sint-Lutgardis, Aalst
June 2021 - Current
Sometimes you want to do more and start working on your own projects - and GuildLab is my vehicle for this. It allows me to do consultancy, both in terms of Linux/Windows servers, as well as WordPress consultancy.
I am someone who doesn't give up: give me something to do and I will keep working on it until it is perfect.
Projects you can hire me for include:
- Provisioning/setting up servers.
- Resolve configuration issues with software.
- Install and configure software on your server.
- Set up monitoring for your servers.
- Resolve issues with your WordPress: working on speeding it up, updating your website and securing it.
- Security auditing of your server and improving the security of it.
- Finding and resolving issues on servers.
- Fixing infected WordPress-websites.
- Programming projects
I can do a lot of things, so if you want to hire me, just contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 2022 - Current
Infrastructure and automation engineer
May 2018 - January 2022
Nucleus NV Antwerp
Full Operations Engineer
I am part of the Operations team within Nucleus, which is responsible for both maintaining and running current machines, delivering and provisioning new servers. We also work on expanding our configuration management system, which is Puppet, and roll out new features constantly.
My main tasks within the Operations team include:
- Provisioning and setting up/delivering new setups that can run both Windows Server or CentOS 6/7/8 machines.
- Resolving incoming alerts from (managed) client servers and aiming to solve issues before they occur thanks to our monitoring tools (Zabbix/Nagios).
- Debugging performance issues on client websites, resolving configuration issues and pinpointing issues. I'm the most experienced team member for WordPress and I can also find my way in CodeIgniter and Laravel. In many CMS systems I'm able to find my way quickly.
- Setting up, expanding or changing the configuration on the client machines, which run a multitude of software, including MariaDB or MySQL, multiple versions of PHP and Node.JS, custom software tools, Laravel, WordPress and much more.
- Writing, maintaining and updating Bash and PowerShell scripts.
- Building of tools, including a Golang-based Let's Encrypt debug tool.
- Part of the oncall-team, which means taking up a 72 hour shift to resolve incoming issues.
- Internal expert for all Let's Encrypt issues (including renewal issues, webroot issues and others).
- Internal WordPress expert, with experience in improving the performance of WordPress and resolving malware issues.
- Advanced malware-resolver: finding and de-infecting websites.
- Searching, pinpointing and resolving Docker-problems.
- Maintaining the credential sharing system.
Tools I work with in this job include:
- Zabbix, Nagios (Thruk)
- CentOS 6/7/8
- Windows Server 2012 R2/2016/2019
- SQL Server/MySQL/PostgreSQL
- Apache, Caddy, Nginx
- Let's Encrypt
- Bash, PowerShell
- VMware, OnApp
- WordPress, Laravel, other similar PHP-frameworks.
Dec 2016 - May 2018
Tobania / KBC Mechelen
IT Helpdesk Support Officer - DOCK!LINE
- Answering incoming help desk calls (first line).
- Treating and resolving incoming helpdesk tickets (system used: ServiceNow).
- Resolve issues concerning printing, Office, Windows, passwords and internal software and procedures.
- Writing and maintaining PowerShell scripts with a focus on automating recurring tasks.
- Taking over maintenaince of PowerShell scripts written by other departments/colleagues.
- Building a chatbot built on top op IBM Watson (BlueMix) to help solve basic IT questions.
May 2016 - Oct 2016
Kaneka Belgium Oevel
Temporary system administrator IT-department
- Designing and building an Icinga monitoring environment based on Docker, built on top of Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
- Creation of a custom dashboard which fetches data from Icinga and a custom written API in real time.
- Building forementioned custom API on top of Laravel Lumen, which tracks the amount of logged in users in the Windows Network (using PowerShell scripts), SAP and the amount of tickets in osTickets assigned to the IT department.
- Deploying computers using MDT.
- Treating incoming phone calls (all sorts of IT-problems) and treating helpdesk tickets.
- Offering Windows Phone support.
Sep 2010 - June 2011
Customer Service Representative - MCT Team (Project: TV-Vlaanderen)
- Helping customers with technical, financial and commercial questions.
- Booking and crediting financial transactions (debit/credit, corrections and manual charging).
- Responsible for the follow up for the new product Internet and Telephony. I provided all of the documentation and gave training for the product.
Reading, writing and speaking on an acceptable level.